So I've jumped back on the weight watchers train after being totally crazy with my eating all summer. I gained 5 lbs on vacation in May (I also quite smoking at that time so its been hard to lose it), I have gone back and forth with losing two and gaining two so this week I'm getting back on track with my eating. Weight watchers helps me watch my portions, watch my snacking and make sure I account for every morsel I put in my mouth. I also am trying to be less lazy. I went for a run yesterday and after not running for months ran a total of a mile and half and walked another 1/2 mile. I think 2 miles for my first day in literally months if not a year (yes I do not exercise much and am super lazy!!) I am lucky I'm not a million pounds!! Anyway, this mornings quick breakfast was something I just threw together and was slightly nervous because it looked sketchy.
I like eggs, don't love them. They sometimes weird me out and also they usually hurt my stomach. I know they are so good for you so if I'm super starving when I wake up sometimes I'll make an egg for the extra protein. I typically don't even eat breakfast but trying to since I get so hungry by the time I go to work I always snack on unhealthy stuff.
Again this egg slop didn't look good, and I as scared to put it in my mouth!! I put hot sauce on it and it was actually really good!!! So here it is! This filling meal I paired with a nice cup of coffee, glass of water, and a small bowl of delicious purple grapes. All this for only 2 weight watchers points!!
Green Eggs and Shallots
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg white with a splash of water in it whisked vigorously
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- some butter flavored cooking spray
- pepper and garlic (you could use salt too, I just don't like to cook with salt unless Steve is eating it, he likes salt, I would rather other spices)
- few dashes of red hot
- In a small sauté pan heat to med low to low heat and coat pan with butter flavored cooking spray. Add the shallots and sauté stirring frequently for about 10 minutes until fragrent and starting to soften/caramelize. Spray again with butter flavored cooking spray and add spinach, turn heat up to medium and cover to defrost spinach.
- Once spinach is defrosted and heated through, season with pepper and small amount of garlic powder. Dump in the whisked eggs, keep heat on medium and scramble the egg mixture. There was a lot more spinach than egg (not what I planned) and so i just kept flattening it out, letting it cook to dry out a bit then flipping it till all the eggs were cooked.
- Top with a few dashes of hot sauce. Enjoy!!