Fall Foil Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- two sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 heaping tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 2 dashes of cinnamon
- 2 dashes of sage
- 2 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp of salted butter
- Make two large pieces of foil on the counter, put one sweet potato in each. Each sweet potato will cook separately.
- I mixed the spices in two small dishes because 1/2 of each spice goes in each packet. So in each small bowl mix 1 tbsp brown sugar I used a heaping one, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 dash of sage, cinnamon and cayenne in each bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the spices and sugar mix on each pile.
- Slice each tbsp of butter up into little pieces and put a tbsp on each of the two piles.
- Top with a second piece of foil and curl up and seal the edges to make two packets
- Have your husband grill them on about 350 degrees cook for 15 minutes, flip them and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Be careful opening them they were really hot but so delicious enjoy.
On the steaks we rubbed and seasoned them heavily with kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika on both sides. Then cooked perfectly by Steve to a medium rare...well they were more rare but they were heated all the way through and perfect. Jackson even loved them!
The asparagus I cut of the ends to one bunch. Covered a baking sheet with foil. I preheated the oven to 450. I covered the asparagus with a light drizzle of olive oil then seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley. I cooked for three minutes, flipped then cooked another three minutes. I plated the asparagus and then topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese which lightly melts waiting for you to eat it!!