Crispy French Bread Chips
- 1 french bread baguette day old is best so its easier to slice
- about a cup of olive oil (I didn't measure just kept adding more if I needed it) seasoned with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Very carefully thinly slice the french bread with a sharp knife very thin like if you imagined the width of a bagel chip that thin.
- Take each piece of bread and dip it into the olive oil spice mixture. You will have to stir the oil mix frequently because the spices will settle in the bottom. Lay flat on foil lined baking sheet. I had to use two sheets and do these in two batches.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or so until crispy and golden brown do not over cook. Let cool on cookie sheet and serve with baked brie.
Fig and Caramelized Onion Baked Brie
- 1 wheel of brie
- 3 large sweet onions sliced thin
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- fig preserves
- 1 package of Crescent rolls
- Caramelize the onions by throwing them butter and sugar into a pan and cooking on low to med low heat for about an hour ,stir frequently. When they are golden brown, gooey, and no longer look like onions but a little brown sticky pile your done!! Let cool to room temp (I made them the day before put 'em in the fridge then took them out to bring 'em to room temp the day I was using them)
- When you are ready to assemble preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil spray with a little cooking spray where you will place the brie. Open the crescent rolls. There will be essentially 2 sheets of dough. Take the first try to use your finger to smooth out seams so they dont fall apart while baking and lie flat on the foil.
- Place Brie wheel in center. Top with heft amt of fig preserves and then with a plop of the caramelized onions.
- Take the second sheet of crescent roll and place on top of the brie tucking it down around the sides.
- Take the bottom crescent roll and pull up over the top around the sides to seal it. Mine didnt come out to pretty but it was sealed. All that matters.
- Bake on 375 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown, I just watched it till it looked like the crescent rolls were nice and brown and removed.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes then serve with pie server and have people pile it onto the french bread chips. Enjoy!
Pepper Jelly Baked Brie
Follow all the steps above.....omit onions and fig preserves. Use Pepper Jelly in place of fig. Roll up just like above and bake just like above!!! Enjoy!!